Last Rodeo #15

"These and all else were to me the same as they are to you,/ I loved well those cities, loved well the stately and rapid river,/ The men and women I saw were all near to me,/ Others the same- others who look back on me because I look'd forward to them,/ (The time will come, though I stop here to-day and to-night").

I have a pretty hard time trying to analyze poetry. It means sooooooo many things and at times I am pretty unsure of myself how to grasp a meaning but this is what I got from it:

The meaning of life (nature, areas around us) have the same meaning to me as they do to anyone else. There are certain things in life that we can all appreciate but how much we appreciate them makes all the difference. Its okay to look back and reminisce on your past but never look to long where you neglect the sight of your future. Our future (graduating) is start to become our present and pretty soon will become our today. Time is inevitable and unfortunately we can't ever get it back. It's kinda like life is on a continuous stop watch (ironically). Interesting how stop and watch got put in the same phrase when time never really stops.

I look back at the last 4 years and think about all the good, bad and ugly memories that I have made. In the future, its sad to know that all of those memories will soon reside in one place. Looking into the future of my next 4 years I can make more memories in another place that would have an impact on me the way Millbrook did (North Carolina A&T). I hope that your next 4 will give you the best future and allow you to have the best memories of the past.

yourz truly,
your dawg wavy.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathing #13

Artist #5

Storytelling #9